Tuesday 19 December 2006

the police officer

Yes, went to Mr Order yesterday and I now have a beautiful silver-grey motorbike. Got 2 months for 5000 bath, service included, after some arguing about the price (starting price was 6000 bath).

And now i have been driving around in the madness of thai streets for 2 days. Its like: forget about the rules, put in a higher gear and ask the spirits for guidance. And today i got stopped by a well-dressed police officer! A new experience for me.
As he walked towards me i was, honestly, a bit nervous. I had my passport in a drawer in my flat, and what about if he asked to see it? But he didn´t, he just pointed at the left indicator, still flashing from my previous riskfull turning… then he waved me off, and i really didn´t understad if i was allowed to drive or not, the street was lined up with police officers on bikes and in cars, and i felt they were all looking at me. But apparently it was ok for me to go on.

Now having a motorbike, next thing to deal with is getting a studio. Can´t work in my small flat! When visiting my new friend Lars (danish) at the ”La Luna Gallery” earlier today, he gave me a phonenumber to one of his friends, who hopefully can help me. Wish me luck!

No comments: